Travelers’ Choice Restaurants represent the most delectable fine-dining venues across the globe, according to millions of traveler reviews and opinions on TripAdvisor. To celebrate the awards and inspire your next culinary adventure, we’re sharing recipes from some of this year’s winners to give you an at-home sampling before you book your reservation.
Travelers’ Choice Restaurant Winner: Voila Bistrot – Paraty, Brazil
“A little bit of true France in Brazil, this establishment is certainly in the top 3 of all of Paraty. The food is exquisite and is very refined. An experience in itself.”
Reviewed by TripAdvisor Traveler ismailc324 from London, United Kingdom
- 2, 8 ½ oz (250 g) filet mignon tournedos
- 3 ½ oz (100 g) dried funghi, soaked in hot water to rehydrate
- ½ cup (120 ml) cognac
- 1 cup (240 g) crème fraiche
- 1 cup (240 ml) homemade beef broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Oil for pan-grilling
- Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a skillet and add a splash of oil.
- When the pan is very hot, add the tournedos.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you prefer the meat.
- Add the congnac to flambé.
- Remove the tournedos from the heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the beef broth, the re-hydrated mushrooms, the crème fraiche, and the salt and pepper.
- Let it reduce until thickened.
- Put the tournedos back in the skillet with the sauce and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rösti potatoes. This dish also pairs well with Saint Émilion wine.
Connect with foodies and travelers everywhere. Share a photo of your the best meal you’ve experienced while traveling on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TravelToTaste, and we’ll re-post some of our favorites!
See the full list of 2015 Travelers’ Choice Restaurant winners at www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Restaurants