Travelers’ Choice Restaurants represent the most delectable fine-dining venues across the globe, according to millions of traveler reviews and opinions on TripAdvisor. To celebrate the awards and inspire your next culinary adventure, we’re sharing recipes from some of this year’s winners to give you an at-home sampling before you book your reservation.
Travelers’ Choice Restaurant Winner: Girl & The Goat – Chicago, Illinois, United States
“The menu is eclectic and fun… On top of the incredible food, the location and atmosphere of this restaurant makes it a must-dine experience for anyone visiting Chicago. You won’t be sorry!”
Reviewed by TripAdvisor Traveler 107JulieD from Santa Barbara, California
- 2 Pink Lady apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 ½ lb Yukon potatoes
- ¼ qt cream
- ¼ lb butter
- Roast potatoes at 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool down a bit and remove skin.
- While potatoes are roasting, lightly sauté apples for a few minutes to soften.
- Smoke apples for 45 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Heat up the cream and butter in saucepot until butter is melted.
- In a food mill run potatoes and apples in batches, not to over crowd, into either a large mixing bowl.
- If you don’t have a food mill, you can use a box grater.
- Once done milling apples and potatoes, add the cream and butter mixture until all mixed together.
- Season with salt.
Connect with foodies and travelers everywhere. Share a photo of your the best meal you’ve experienced while traveling on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TravelToTaste, and we’ll re-post some of our favorites!
See the full list of 2015 Travelers’ Choice Restaurant winners at www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Restaurants