Travelers’ Choice Restaurants represent the most delectable fine-dining venues across the globe, according to millions of traveler reviews and opinions on TripAdvisor. To celebrate the awards and inspire your next culinary adventure, we’re sharing recipes from some of this year’s winners to give you an at-home sampling before you book your reservation.
Travelers’ Choice Restaurant Winner: Cafe Pushkin – Moscow, Russia
“Charming atmosphere in this well decorated traditional Russian restaurant. Well located in central Moscow, Café Pushkin offers the visitor an extensive menu of traditional dishes.”
Reviewed by TripAdvisor Traveler NeriI from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1 oz (30g) boiled potatoes
- ¾ oz (20g) boiled egg
- ¾ oz (20g) pickled cucumbers
- ⅓ oz (10g) canned green peas
- ½ oz (15g) smoked chicken, chopped
- 1 ½ oz (40g) boiled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30g) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5g) ketchup
- 1 ½ oz (40g) endive salad leaves
- 1 ¾ oz (50g) fresh cucumbers, sliced thin
- ½ oz (15g) boiled tongue
- ½ oz (15g) pickled cornichons
- 1 oz (25g) cooked hazel grouse
- 1/2 oz (15g) boiled egg
- 1 tbsp (25g) mayonnaise
- 2/3 tsp (3g) paprika
- 3 crayfish
- 1 tsp (5g) capers
- 2/3 tsp (3g) dill
- 1 tsp (5g) black caviar
- Cool boiled potatoes and egg to room temperature.
- Dice potatoes and egg and combine in bowl.
- Add pickled cucumbers, canned green peas, smoked chicken, and boiled chicken. Mix well.
- Add mayonnaise and ketchup and mix all ingredients well again.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Use a large spoon or two to shape salad into quenelles (oval-shaped servings) and place three around the edge of each plate in a triangular shape
- Place endive salad leaves in the center of the plate in the form of a bowl
- Within the endive bowl, place flat strips of cucumber inside in a circular display and alternately add boiled tongue, cornichons, hazel grouse and boiled egg
- Garnish it generously with mayonnaise and sprinkle over the paprika.
- Decorate the salad with boiled crayfish, capers, dill and black caviar
Connect with foodies and travelers everywhere. Share a photo of your the best meal you’ve experienced while traveling on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TravelToTaste, and we’ll re-post some of our favorites!
See the full list of 2015 Travelers’ Choice Restaurant winners at www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Restaurants