We recently announced the best islands in the world in our Travelers’ Choice awards, and it got us thinking about all of the alluring aspects of an island vacation: vibrant culture, bright umbrella drinks, glistening water views as far as the eye can see…
But perhaps our favorite part of escaping to the isles is that it often forces you to unplug and slow down. TripAdvisor travelers seem to agree–in a recent survey, “living on island time” was picked as the most enjoyable part of an island vacation by U.S. respondents.
And while 61% of travelers said they were planning to visit an island in 2015, we know that sometimes we could use a dose of island time during our hectic, day-to-day lives, even when we’re not on vacation. To help take a mental escape, we asked travelers what songs most reminded them of an island vacation–the result is this Spotify playlist aimed at delivering you to an island oasis from wherever you may be listening.
Travelers’ Top 10 Island Songs
- “Margaritaville” – Jimmy Buffet
- “Kokomo” – The Beach Boys
- “(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay” – Otis Reading
- “Jamming” – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- “Three Little Birds” – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- “Banana Boat Song (Day-O)” – Harry Belafonte
- “No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem” – Kenny Chesney
- “Red Red Wine” – UB40
- “Key Largo” – Bertie Higgins
- “No Woman No Cry” – Bob Marley & The Wailers
Discover the rest of travelers’ picks and listen to the full playlist below!